Made this dish a few nights ago and it was a big hit. Chicken sauteed with apples is a perfect combo of sweet and tangy. Added a little whole pasta to make it more filling. Enjoy!
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
– 1 TBS olive oil
– 1 apple cored, halved, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
– 1 cup apple juice
– 1 large onion, thinly sliced
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1/2 tps dried thyme leaves
– 1/4 tps kosher salt
– 1/8 tps black pepper
– 2 TBS dijon mustard
– Optional pasta or quinoa
1. Place each chicken-breast half between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound with a meat mallet until about ¾ inch thick.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
3. Add the apple slices, apple juice, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Simmer, covered, 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
4. Remove the chicken, apple slices, and onion to a serving platter and keep warm.
5. Bring the sauce to a boil for about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Whisk in the mustard. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
6. Optional add in a 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta or quinoa