1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks (raw)
1 1/4 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium onion)
1 cup chopped celery
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup dry quinoa
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
4 14oz cans low-sodium chicken broth (7 cups)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 15 oz can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups packed kale, roughly chopped (or can use spinach instead of kale)
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Optional parm cheese
1. Add chicken to slow cooker, then add onions, celery and garlic, then drizzle with olive oil.
2, Add quinoa, thyme, rosemary and pour in chicken broth.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 1/2 – 4 hours or LOW 7 – 8 hours.
5. Add in beans, kale, parsley and lemon juice, then cover and continue to cook on HIGH heat another 10 – 20 minutes until kale has reached desired doneness.
6. Optional can sprinkle parm cheese on top