If you are staying in tonight, this is the perfect Valentine’s Day dinner of balsamic glazed salmon, herb quinoa and a mixed green salad. Enjoy!
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbs of lite maple syrup
1 tbs Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove smashed
2 6oz wild salmon filets
1 tbs olive oil
Rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt.
1. In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and garlic to a boil over medium heat.
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until thick, about 12 minutes.
3. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Arrange the salmon on the baking sheet.
4. Drizzle both sides of the salmon with the olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
5. Roast until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
1. Cook quinoa per instructions
2. Season with rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper
3. Optional sprinkle with goat cheese or feta