Salmon with whole wheat spaghetti lemon and basil. I had a serving of this for lunch today and it was so delicious. Enjoy!
1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti
1 clove minced garlic
3 tbs of extra virgin olive or grape seed oil
4 4 oz pieces of wild salmon
1/2 tps of salt
1/2 tps of black pepper
3 tbs of capers
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 lemon zested
2 tbs of lemon juice
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1. Boil and cook spaghetti per directions and drain pasta and transfer to large bowl.
2. Add garlic, 2 tbs of oil, salt and pepper to spaghetti and toss to combine.
3. Warm remaining 1 tbs of oil in a pan on medium high heat.
4. Season salmon filets with salt and pepper and cook salmon about 2-4 min per side depending on thickness.
5. Add basil, capers, lemon zest and lemon juice to spaghetti mixture.
6. Makes 4 servings. Each plate place 1/2 cup spinach, serving of spaghetti and then top with the salmon.