Chicken veggie skinny fried rice. One of my staples for dinner because it is super easy, quick and combines a great ratio of protein, complex carbs and healthy fat. Enjoy!
1lb skinless chicken tenders
4 egg whites or 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites
2 cups uncooked brown rice
Bundle of broccoli
2 tbs of grape seed, coconut or olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup diced onion
4 tbs of Bragg’s liquid amino or lite soy sauce
1. Bake chicken tenders for 15-20 min at 350 degrees
2. Heat a pan with the oil and cook the onion and garlic for about 2 min.
3. Add broccoli and carrots and turn heat to medium-low
4. Saute veggies until tender and set aside into a dish
5. In the same pan cook the egg whites.
6. Boil water and cook rice per instructions
7. Dice baked chicken into cubes
8. Add the veggies, cooked rice, and diced chicken back into the pan with the eggs.
9. Add the liquid amino or soy sauce and mix
10. Cook everything on medium heat for an additional 5-7 min.
Makes 4-6 servings