These are now at the top of my list for dinner recipes. I pre-made them earlier in the day and put them in the fridge and then just popped them in the oven for 30 min.
1 lb lean chopped turkey meat
1 garlic, minced
1/4 onion, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp cumin powder
3 large sweet peppers ( I used red and yellow)
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional cheese such as gorgonzola or blue cheese
1. Cook quinoa per instructions
2. Cut pepper in half and take out seeds. Lightly brush inside of peppers with a little grape seed or olive oil.
3. Brown turkey and drain
4. Add tomato sauce, chicken broth, spices and cooked quinoa to turkey and cook on medium-low for 5-10 min until broth has absorbed.
5. Stuff peppers with mix
6. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and bake stuffed peppers for 30 min
7. Optional top with cheese and bake another 5 min until cheese is melted.