Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup raw zucchini (1 large or 2 medium zucchini), peeled and grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Whisk in the applesauce, milk and olive oil. Add zucchini and mix until smooth.
4. Using a wide spatula, pour liquid mixture onto dry mixture and mix just until combined.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of one of the muffins comes out clean. Cool in pan, on a wire rack, 5 minutes, and then transfer to wire rack to cool 5 more minutes before serving.